Montag, 23. März 2009

BE ATTENTIVE...
If someone has a mean attitude towards you, look deeper. And ask yourself what the person is lacking. Mostly the person that seems to want to harm you, actually only wants your loving attention and acceptance.

Elias Kim at age 33, Musician from Korea

I met Elias Kim at a house concert. There he played Mendelssohn-Bartholdy on his viola in such an extraordinary way, that afterwards I just had to meet him personally. When I told him about my "message to the world project" he listened carefully. As one of the questions is about "what believe do you have" he told me that he found his belief through music. Originally from Korea but living in Vienna the last couple of years, he met with Catholicism through the music he studied and played.
"When I played a piece written for a mass, I felt again and again that there is something beyond the text and the notes. I searched and found. After some time I decided to be baptized catholic in 1997."
When I heard him saying this, I was amazed and at the same time it made perfect sense to me. I knew that music could draw persons closer to God. But I have never met anyone that found his way to God through Music. Anyhow, when I saw Elias playing Mendelssohn-Bartholdy that night in front of 50 people, his being in touch with that realm "beyond" music was shown in his way of playing, in his movements and his face. Something of that "divine", that he touched, has come across.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

toller Satz von Elias Kim - danke,... werde das in Zukunft besser beherzigen,

LG

Christoph L.